This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Reference
Terminology is the perfect tool for anyone interested in honing their language. From writers working on the next great novel, to marketers crafting the perfect tagline.
### Check out our new Terminology-integrated app, Drafts - learn more at: http://agiletortoise.com/drafts ###
Terminology is a browser for the English language. Part dictionary and part thesaurus, Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms -- accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
### Terminology also available for the iPad! ###
- iPhone 5 ready.
- Pleasant, book-like, readable interface.
- Offline use.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and other word relationships.
- Keep list of favorite words for quick access.
- History of terms browsed.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Lookup words from Instapaper, Drafts, Writing Kit, Mr. Reader and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable font face and size.
- Customizable links to other reference and sharing apps.
- Customizable links to web resources for each term.
- #2 in US iPhone Reference Charts, #1 in 4 countries
- #72 in the iPhone Top Paid Charts (US), Top 100 in 12 counties
- Listed in "New & Noteworthy", "Staff Favorites", "Words for the Wise" and other App store feature sections.
4.5 out of 5 Mice
"Terminology is a good-looking app—replete with smart font choices, a pleasant minimalist look, and an eye-friendly color palette. If you want a dictionary on your iOS device, Terminology’s the one to pick."
"About as speedy and straightforward as a dictionary can be. Entries spring open instantly when tapped, and search results update dynamically as you type."
[Wired Magazine App Guide]
"I think I'll skip making the dictionary app. Terminology is too damn good. Everyone who said I should make it: go buy Terminology instead."
[Marco Arment, Instapaper](https://twitter.com/#!/marcoarment/status/59488958333190144)
"Using Terminology is like having that friend’s undivided attention as they help you find just the right word or turn of phrase that you’re looking for."
"In my opinion, there’s no longer a missing dictionary app for the iPhone. Agile Tortoise’s Terminology—first launched on the iPad—is now available for the iPhone at an extremely affordable launch price of $0.99. It’s homescreen worthy."
[Ken Yarmosh, Author of "App Savvy"](http://kenyarmosh.com/blog/terminology-for-iphone/)
"Using Terminology for iPhone is a real pleasure. As you search for a word definition you also get synonyms, less and more specific meanings and Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Google shortcuts. It’s the amazing iPad version in your pocket."
"This is an easy app to use and work with. It is a must have for writers or students."
Also, checkout [term.ly](http://term.ly), Terminology's online companion, providing an easy way to share words with short term.ly/word URLs.
Terminology's data is based on the Princeton University WordNet project. We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
- "Avenir Next" font added when running on iOS 6.
- Minor tweaks to searching and user interface.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with issues/feedback!