Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day
A star and constellation guide has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
*** Apple Design Award Winner 2014 ***
"Close to perfect."
"The perfect companion for helping you find the stars..."
“Beautiful and informative...a treasure.”
Is it a star or Saturn? Learning what’s in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you–no setup required!
Whether you’re looking for the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or Mars, Sky Guide will satisfy your curiosity. You can search for thousands of celestial sights and be guided exactly where to see them in the sky above you. Just follow the arrow.
Want to watch a satellite pass overhead? Sky Guide features hundreds of visible satellites for you to track. See them rise and chart their paths as they fly through space. We also offer an add-on pack that provides satellite identification, detailed historical information and future flyover times.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. Or, witness the approach of magnificent comets and see their tails evolve as they fly around the Sun.
Sky Guide contains immersive visuals unlike any star app you have seen before. With exclusive, high-resolution photographs captured by one of the app developers, you’ll witness millions of stars—not just a few thousand simulated points! Plus, you can control the intensity of star light with HDR brightness gestures to dial in your local viewing conditions.
Sky Guide may have few buttons but it has ample content. With richly illustrated and cross-linked articles—many by leading astronomical authors—countless enlightened moments await novice and seasoned stargazers alike.
Plus, Sky Guide functions with or without a Wi-Fi, data, or GPS signal. Take it camping or use it overseas. Everything is at your fingertips at all times, in all places.
• Rich content: Generous amounts of stunning graphics, original artwork, and detailed articles.
• Soundscape: Designed by Mat Jarvis, the most featured composer in the award-winning soundtrack for the game Osmos. Stars have sounds based on their temperature and size.
• Useful anywhere: Works with or without a GPS or data signal. Built-in access to hundreds of articles no matter where you are.
• Time controls: Know where objects will appear in the future with cinematic time-lapse effects.
• Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders.
• HDR brightness gestures: Dynamically control how bright the sky is to match how many stars you can see under light-polluted skies.
• Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
Please note: Sky Guide requires a gyroscope, so it doesn't work with iPad 1 or iPhone 3GS and earlier.
New feature: FILTER! Tap and hold to X-ray the sky. Explore invisible wonders like supernova remnants, black holes, the cosmic microwave background and more!
More languages! French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified).
Performance Improvements: decreased loading times and 64-bit optimizations (on supported devices).
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 20, 2014
- Fifth Star Labs LLC
- 99.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1417)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (8883)