Searchable Over the Counter Drugs
A glossary of the most common over-the-counter (OTC) drugs in the United States. There are slightly more than 4800 in this glossary. This is not a comprehensive reference, but simple a glossary of the most commonly used prescription drugs in the United States.
This app differs from other OTC drug apps by Darren Gates in that this app contains powerful search features, including the ability to search by subject, and the ability to add keyword filters to searches with the "-" modifier. For example, "Aspirin -Merck" will find topics with the keyword "Aspirin" but which exclude the keyword "Merck".
This reference includes publicly-available information on drug uses and side effects, mostly culled from the National Institute of Health database.
Please note that you should always check the label on any medication you're taking, and consult your pharmacist or physician regarding drug, supplement, or medication uses and side effects - prescription or otherwise. The information contained in this application may be inaccurate.
- advanced search for all drug/medication names and descriptions
- add/edit/remove drugs and medications, and access drugs and medications you added using My Drugs
- rate any drug or medication on a 5-star system
- mark your favorite drugs, and view them in the Favorites area
- e-mail any drug/medication (with its description) to a friend
- rename categories and add/remove categories (category = letters of the alphabet)
- shake your mobile device for a random drug/medication
- "View All" meds feature for access to every item in the database
- History feature lets you keep track of your most recently-viewed drugs and meds
This app requires at least OS version 3.0
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 08, 2010
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (4)
- 2.5 MB