Searchable Legal Terms
A complete dictionary of legal and law terms for your mobile device!
This app differs from other "Legal Terms" apps from Darren Gates in that the app contains enhanced and specialized search features, which allow for faster lookups and referencing.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all legal and law terms. The top 150 terms are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Ability to add "-" modifiers to searches, to help filter results, for example "Law -Marriage" will search for terms containing "Law" but exclude terms containing "Marriage"
- Add/edit/remove legal and law terms, and access terms you added using My Terms. If you find a definition that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own definition.
- You can rate legal and law terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the term is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite legal and law terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any legal and law term to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your terms, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random term. This is just fun on every level, even for seasoned legal professionals.
- "View All" legal and law terms for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of terms in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this legal and law terms database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term. For example, you may want to keep some notes about where you learned about the term, or when you might use it.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
This app requires at least OS version 3.0
**** UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates *****
If you liked this app, you'll probably also like things like "Plant Taxonomy" and "Medical Terms DB" and many other knowledge-based applications by Darren Gates.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public university websites, and public domain data archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates (the author) at email@example.com immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 08, 2010
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (3)
- 1.7 MB