This app was removed from the App Store.
Seahorses, by Reef Life
iOS Universal Reference
NOTE: Please refer to Reef Life Pro as Reef Life Pro is a free download and will have the latest developments going forward.
Reef Life Seahorses is a comprehensive marine life identification app, cover all species of type Seahorses (and then some).
Reef Life Seahorses now boasts 59 species that are fully documented and professionally photographed (90).
This app is perfect for divers, snorkelers and aquarium enthusiast that would like to not only identify, but learn about our salt water friends.
Reef Life Seahorses has been updated with the GPS coordinates of more than 200 internally defined oceanic regions and sub regions. This update allows user to experience a much simplified process with the identification of species based on a specific location.
- You can select from 31 pre-defined menu based regions, examples “Caribbean Sea”, or “Australia, tropical” or “West coast USA” and see the species only from that region.
- You can manual drop “pins” on a location in our interactive map and search for species in that exact location. You can save as many searches as you wish in your “myPlaces” folder.
- You can even select the “species in my current location” option to see only the species which are located within in your current location.
This advancement significantly simplifies the process of identifying marine life animals
Each menu can be toggled to display presented species either in a list format or as a collection view, depending on individual preferences.
Marine Life Conservation and Education are a priority as well. There are two major sections, 50+ pages covering all maters education and conservation.
This app is fully interactive and is based on Apple’s latest programming language, Swift.
*** As required by scuba divers *** This app is fully self contained and does not require an internet connection, making this the perfect buddy while on boats or in remote dive locations.
In this version, several improvements, and new features:
- You can now add your own common names to each species
- You can add notes to each species
- Added common names to the main view
- Better search functions
- Plus the typical other minor bug fixes
As always, value your feedback and suggestions.