This app was removed from the App Store.
Real Estate Dictionary
iOS iPhone Reference
A complete glossary of real estate / realty / mortgage terms for your mobile device!
Have you ever read something about real estate and encountered a term or acronym that baffled you, but were too embarrassed to ask about it, or didn't have a quick reference handy? This app is for you!
If you're thinking of buying a home, or if you plan to get into real estate in any manner, or if you just want to "bone up" on your real estate lingo, you should have this handy pocket reference.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all real estate terms. The top 150 terms are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove real estate terms, and access terms you added using My Terms. If you find a term that needs revision or clarification, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad.
- You can rate real estate terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the term is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite real estate terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any real estate term to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your terms, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired. Since this application organizes terms alphabetically, this is probably going to be uncommon, but it's available just in case. For example, "home buyer credit" might be placed under multiple categories, like "h" for "home" but also "c" for "credit".
- Shake your mobile device for a random term. This is just fun on every level, and is probably really for people who just want to randomly learn more about real estate, rather than those looking up a specific realty term.
- "View All" real estate terms for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of terms in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this real estate terms database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term. For example, you may want to keep track of where you last heard the term, or some notes about the context in which the term should be used.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at email@example.com.