Power Factor Correction Tool
This tech tool calculates capacitance required to obtain desired power factor.
Power factor correction is performed for loads that are inductive in nature, such as electric motors, transformers and ballasts. An effective power factor correction can save thousands of dollars in electric power usage.
Capacitance values are calculated in both kVAR and mikrofarads (μF).
This tool requires no keyboard entries. All entries can be selected by using switch buttons and sliders easily. As entries are selected, results are calculated instantly. This makes this tool a perfect choice for use in any environment.
The results calculated are displayed on a sketch of a typical transmission line with inductive loads such as motors. Each component of a transmission line is calculated and displayed instantly as as entries are selected.
It supports all service voltages and frequencies available all over the world. Service voltage and frequency can be selected easily with a picker.
AC load current is also calculated as entries are selected.
This tool can be used by power engineers, electrical engineering students majoring in power engineering or electricians in the field.
Added language support.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 18, 2013
- Yuhsiu Lai
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 0.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 48VDC Power System
• Battery Capacity and Lifetime Calculator
• Battery Recharge Current Simulator
• Branch Circuit Designer
• CCNA Sample Exam Questions
• Cabinet Cooling Calculator
• Decibel Loss Calculator
• Default Passwords
• Delta Wye Transformation
• E-Commerce Listing Creator - Ebay Edition
• Electric Machinery and Transformers
• Electric Motor Circuit Design
• Electric Power System Simulator
• Electric Power and Battery Calculator
• Electrical Bonding Conductor Sizing
• Electrical Code Conductor Ampacity
• Electrical Code Frequently Asked Questions
• Electrical Code Illustrated
• Electrical Code Inspector
• Electrical Code Load Calculator
• Electrical Code Navigator
• Electrical Conductor Sizing Tool
• Electrical Grounding Tools
• Electrical Licensing Exam Simulator and Study Guide - Electrician License Exam
• Electrical Service Panel Design Suite
• Electrical Wiring Diagrams - Residential and Commercial
• Electrical Wiring Illustrations
• Emergency Generator Selection Guide
• Engineer's Toolset
• FE Electrical Engineering Exam Review Questions
• FE Exam Electrical Engineering Study Guide & Simulator
• FE Exam Style Review Questions
• FOREX Trading Risk Manager
• Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) General Exam Review Questions
• Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Simulator - General and Electrical Engineering
• Fundamentals of Engineering General Exam Simulator Edition
• Grounding and Bonding
• IP Network Design Suite - Sample Office Network
• IPv4 Network Address Translator
• ITU Wavelength & Frequency Grid
• Import & Export Ocean Freight Expense Calculator
• Motor Full Current Calculator
• Motor Locked-Rotor Ampere Sizing
• Motor Overload Protection Sizing
• NEC Electrical Service Load Calculator
• Optical Loss Budget Tool
• Per Unit Availability & Reliability Tool
• Power Engineer's Toolset
• Practical Engineering
• Reliability iTech Tool
• Seller Fee Calculator - Ebay Edition
• Shipping and Mailing Services Navigator
• Store Fee Calculator - Ebay Edition
• System Availability and Reliability
• Uninterruptible Power Supply Design
• Voice Over IP Network - Sample Design