Dictionary German Spelling by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The unbeatable app for German spelling with 140,000 keywords.
Are you sometimes unsure how to spell a word?
Or do you often write texts in which you cannot afford to make mistakes?
The comprehensive reference tool from PONS gives reliable answers to all your questions on German spelling – in everyday life, at school or at work.
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
• Anyone who occasionally wants to double-check for the correct spelling.
• Anyone who wants to write correctly at all times.
• Anyone who is interested in and enjoys grammar and spelling.
About the contents:
• More than 140,000 keywords providing comprehensive coverage of German vocabulary
• With foreign words and Anglicisms, including vocabulary from various specialist fields
• With over 500,000 notes on pronunciation, meaning, hyphenation, style and alternative spellings
• With detailed information about the German spelling rules
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Direct look-up (iOS 8): Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively: optimized for English, French and Spanish
• You can look up keywords in any of their forms (declined or conjugated): available for German, French, Spanish and Russian
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© Denis Junker - Fotolia.com
NEW: Translate easily in iBooks or Safari via your clipboard.
We are happy to receive your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com