Dictionary German Spelling by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The unbeatable app for German spelling with 140,000 keywords.
Are you sometimes unsure how to spell a word?
Or do you often write texts in which you cannot afford to make mistakes?
The comprehensive reference tool from PONS gives reliable answers to all your questions on German spelling – in everyday life, at school or at work.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
• Anyone who occasionally wants to double-check for the correct spelling.
• Anyone who wants to write correctly at all times.
• Anyone who is interested in and enjoys grammar and spelling.
About the contents:
• More than 140,000 keywords providing comprehensive coverage of German vocabulary
• With foreign words and Anglicisms, including vocabulary from various specialist fields
• With over 500,000 notes on pronunciation, meaning, hyphenation, style and alternative spellings
• With detailed information about the German spelling rules
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• NEW! Optimised multitasking on the iPad (iOS 10): Slide Over lets you use a second app without ever leaving the first app. Use Split View to open and use two apps simultaneously, allowing you to, for example, look something up in the dictionary while reading your emails or writing messages.
• NEW! 3D touch support: tap a keyword lightly on the iPhone and see a preview of the dictionary entry with Peek. Tap on the icon for the PONS dictionary app to open the menu with the main dictionary functions (Quick Actions) and navigate directly to the chosen function within the dictionary.
• NEW – for the visually impaired and the blind! Activate the VoiceOver screen reader function to have the selected function keys and dictionary entry elements read out aloud.
• Direct look-up: Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© Denis Junker - Fotolia.com
• Optimised user-friendliness.
• Optimised multitasking on the iPad thanks to Slide Over and Split View (iOS 10).
• 3D touch support.
• With VoiceOver – for the visually impaired and the blind.
We look forward to your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com.