Dictionary German - French SCHOOL by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The reliable companion for school by PONS with 260,000 keywords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write German texts at school, or need to learn vocabulary for the next test? Do you often look up German words in the process?
The PONS Dictionary German - French SCHOOL contains the vocabulary you really need in school which makes it the perfect reference tool for you.
About the contents:
• Current vocabulary containing more than 120,000 keywords and phrases and 140,000 translations
• Contains the current vocabulary of all school textbooks
• Many extras: tips on pronunciation, translation and culture, usage examples and lots of important information on grammar
• Contains both language directions (German- French and French- German)
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• NEW! Optimised multitasking on the iPad (iOS 10): Slide Over lets you use a second app without ever leaving the first app. Use Split View to open and use two apps simultaneously, allowing you to, for example, look something up in the dictionary while reading your emails or writing messages.
• NEW! 3D touch support: tap a keyword lightly on the iPhone and see a preview of the dictionary entry with Peek. Tap on the icon for the PONS dictionary library to open the menu with the main dictionary functions (Quick Actions) and navigate directly to the chosen function within the dictionary.
• NEW – for the visually impaired and the blind! Activate the VoiceOver screen reader function to have the selected function keys and dictionary entry elements read out aloud.
• Direct look-up: Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Lookups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• Have fun learning basic vocabulary: five learning games are available – Memory, Word Combination, Word Snake, Alphabet Soup and Professional test – so that you can have fun while mastering the basic vocabulary.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© Ekaterina Pokrovsky - Fotolia.com
• Optimised user-friendliness.
• Optimised multitasking on the iPad thanks to Slide Over and Split View (iOS 10).
• 3D touch support.
• With VoiceOver – for the visually impaired and the blind.
We look forward to your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.