Dictionary German <-> English SCHOOL by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The reliable companion for school by PONS with 290,000 keywords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write German texts at school, or need to learn vocabulary for the next test? Do you often look up German words in the process?
The PONS Dictionary German - English SCHOOL contains the vocabulary you really need in school which makes it the perfect reference tool for you.
About the contents:
• Current vocabulary containing more than 130,000 keywords and phrases and 160,000 translations
• Contains the current vocabulary of all school textbooks, plus vocabulary needed for Shakespeare and Sixth Form
• Many extras: tips on pronunciation, translation and culture, usage examples and lots of important information on grammar
• Contains both language directions (German- English and English- German)
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Direct look-up (iOS 8): Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Lookups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• Have fun learning basic vocabulary: five learning games are available – Memory, Word Combination, Word Snake, Alphabet Soup and Professional test – so that you can have fun while mastering the basic vocabulary.
• You can look up keywords in any of their forms (declined or conjugated).
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© shutterstock / Wlad74
Do you want to learn new words? Just add a word to the vocabulary flash cards.
We´re happy to answer your questions and comments, which you can email to email@example.com