Dictionary German - English ADVANCED by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
A comprehensive dictionary with 775,000 keywords, phrases and translations.
Do you talk to German or English friends in your spare time? Do you read or write in German or English in a wide range of subjects – privately or even professionally? Do you deal with German or English-speaking partners in your everyday working life?
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
About the contents:
• Both language directions (German-English and English-German)
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 315,000 keywords and phrases and more than 460,000 translations
• With context examples, information on language use and lots of information on grammar
• With American, Australian as well as Austrian and Swiss German vocabulary
• With info boxes for country and people, grammar. Typical mistakes and help with the wording of sentences
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Direct look-up (iOS 8): Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively: optimized for English, French and Spanish
• You can look up keywords in any of their forms (declined or conjugated): available for German, French, Spanish and Russian
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© sborisov - Fotolia.com
Do you want to learn new words? Just add a word to the vocabulary flash cards.
We´re happy to answer your questions and comments, which you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org