Oxford French Dictionary
iOS Universal Reference
The Oxford Hachette French Dictionary is acclaimed by language professionals the world over as the most complete and up-to-date dictionary of its kind. Based on the statistical evidence of real language, both written and spoken, it's the most comprehensive, reliable, and up-to-date dictionary of French and English available today.
This latest version has even better coverage of the language, with improved treatment of acronyms and EU terminology, as well as thousands of new words in both English and French.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
• NEW! Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The very latest word database from the Oxford University Press
* Keyboard search optimizations
* Beautifully integrated for iPhone X
* Bug fixes and improvements