World Mythology - Oxford Dictionary
"An excellent overview of world mythology. I am seriously considering using this as one of the required texts for my theology class."Louise Beckley, Boise State University
Powered by Handmark and Written by a leading scholar of ancient civilizations, A Dictionary of World Mythology presents the powerful gods of Greece, Rome, and Scandinavia, the more mystical deities of Buddhist and Hindu India, and the stern spirits of the African and American continents together in one fascinating application. Drawing upon hundreds of myths from around the globe, Arthur Cotterell not only reveals the vast differences in these civilizations, but also demonstrates the unity of mankind in its fundamental need for explanations of the unknown.
• Over 2,500 terms stored locally on your device
• No wireless connection required
• Hyperlinks between words and to web urls
• Search for entries by name or browse the entire word list
• Display history of dictionary entry views
+ Brand-new integrated design is accessible, clear, and easy to use.
+ Added Sounds-like (fuzzy search) to help find those difficult to spell words.
+ Share entries via email, Facebook and Twitter
+ Tag words with bookmarks or custom tags for easy retrieval.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 03, 2010
- Handmark, Inc.
- 6.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (16)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (25)