This app was removed from the App Store.
Statistics - Oxford Dictionary
iOS Universal Reference
Powered, by Handmark, this wide-ranging, 100% jargon-free dictionary contains over 2,000 entries on all aspects of statistics, including terms used in computing, mathematics, and probability, as well as biographical information on over 200 key figures in the field, and coverage of statistical journals and societies. Embracing the whole multi-disciplinary spectrum of this complex subject, this superb reference presents information in a clear and practical manner and will prove invaluable for students and professionals from a wide range of disciplines, including economics, politics, market research, medicine, psychology, pharmaceuticals, and mathematics.
The entries are generously illustrated with useful figures and diagrams, and include worked examples where applicable. Appendices include a historical calendar of important statistical events, lists of statistical and mathematical notation, and statistical tables. Fully updated and revised, The Dictionary of Statistics is an indispensable work of reference for students and professionals in fields related to statistics, and a clear introduction to the subject for the general reader.
• A jargon-free statistics dictionary, containing over 2,000 entries
• Includes over 200 biographies of key figures in statistics
• Includes appendices of mathematical and statistical notation, and statistical tables
• Provides multi-disciplinary coverage: useful to students of many subjects, including statistics, economics, politics, medicine, and mathematics
• Offers many illustrative examples, giving entries a practical context
• No wireless connection required
• Hyperlinks between words and to web urls
+ Brand-new integrated design is accessible, clear, and easy to use.
+ Added Sounds-like (fuzzy search) to help find those difficult to spell words.
+ Share entries via email, Facebook and Twitter
+ Tag words with bookmarks or custom tags for easy retrieval.