Oxford Dict. & Conc. Thes.
iOS Universal Reference
The Oxford Dictionary of English has been completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings as well as 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, dubbed in both British and American voice versions. This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information including words with controversial or variable pronunciations.
Whether you're writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, or writing creatively, the Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word. The Thesaurus contains over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases to help you select the correct word, with opposites and related terms clearly marked.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
• NEW! Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• iOS 11 support!
• Complete visual redesign
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• New Talk & Translate feature introduced
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Navigate the Word of the Day entries by swiping
• Recently viewed entries will appear at the top of the search field
• Bug fixes