Oxford Dictionary of Economics
iOS Universal Reference
Oxford Dictionary of Economics is ‘strongly recommended as a handy work of reference … this book deserves to sell well to a wide audience’ Times Higher Education Supplement
It covers all aspects of economics including economic theory, applied microeconomics and macroeconomics, labour economics, public economics and public finance, monetary economics, environmental economics, and many others. There is strong coverage of international trade and many entries on economic organizations and institutions from around the world. This edition contains expanded coverage of common econometric concepts and highlights major theoretical concepts including agency, competition, equilibrium.
Fully revised and updated, this edition now features recommended web links at entry level. This book is as ideal for browsing as it is useful for quick reference, and it remains an essential guide for students and teachers of economics, business, and finance, as well as professional economists and anyone who has to deal with economic data.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
• NEW! Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
• iOS 11 support!
• Complete visual redesign
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• New Talk & Translate feature introduced
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Navigate the Word of the Day entries by swiping
• Recently viewed entries will appear at the top of the search field
• Bug fixes