This app was removed from the App Store.
Neungyule-Longman English-Korean Dictionary
iOS iPhone Reference
◆ A joint production of Longman, a renowned name in dictionaries, and Neunyule, a leader in English education ◆
◆ It's time to close those outdated dictionaries from decades ago! ◆
◆ Learn practical, up-to-date, natural-sounding English ◆
◆ Everything you need to know to speak and write good English ◆
The Neungyule-Longman English-Korean Dictionary isn't one of those dictionaries you use only to look up a word you don't know. It presents loads of information in a systematic way to help you say what you want to say in just the right way.
Here are some of the features that make this dictionary different from all the others.
■ This is the first English-Korean dictionary to be based on the Longman Corpus Network, a huge database of 330 million words taken from real-life sources.
■ The data in the Longman Corpus Network has been thoroughly and accurately analyzed so that
- word meanings are given in order of their actual frequency of use.
- incorrect or misleading definitions commonly found in conventional English-Korean dictionaries have been corrected, giving accurate Korean equivalents.
- proper usage of English words and expressions long misused in Korea is explained.
- a wealth of collocations and commonly used phraseology are at your fingertips
■ Every page contains a multitude of ready-to-use expressions and collocations to boost your English-language communication skills.
■ Abundant usage notes not found in ordinary dictionaries help you take your speaking and writing to a new level.
- You learn usage that is appropriate and natural to a variety of circumstances in which you need to use English.
- You learn how to avoid the mistakes most commonly made by learners of English.
■ All examples given are based an actual English found in the Longman Corpus Network.
- Real-life examples are given for all the meanings of the main entries.
- Practical spoken English is well represented.
■ The dictionary includes more than 2,000 entries on usage, common mistakes, differences between words of similar meaning, differences between spoken and written English, differences between formal and informal English, and cultural notes as well as more than 300 illustrations and photographs.
- Search main entries, examples, idioms, Korean meanings, etc.
- Display entry headings and meaning in an abbreviated list format.
- Abundant study information can be conveniently browsed separately.
- Study vocabulary with the help of dozens of illustrations.
- Hear a native speaker's pronunciation of the main entries.
- Hyperlink function: just touch a word to go to its entry.
- History and bookmark functions.
fixed problem in iOS 3.1.2