Longman Key Words Dictionary
•The top 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English
•Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
•Thousands of examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network.
•Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
•Audio recording of every headword in both British and American English
•Thousands of collocations will improve fluency in spoken and written English
•Thousands of synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve vocabulary range.
•Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
•Grammar and warning notes ensure that students avoid common errors.
•Full-colour text, zoomable illustrations
•Progressive look up to help you quickly find the phrasal verb you need * Automatic history
•No internet connection is necessary
•Hyperlinked cross-references to the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English (sold separately)
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Note: All definitions and examples taken from the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, 5th edition, also available on iTunes.
Longman Key Words Dictionary
© Pearson Education Limited, 2010
New "Study Memo" feature.
Better search button.
Links from search field to external dictionaries.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 16, 2014
- Pearson Education
- 121.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (8)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ActiveLearn Go
• Assistente Pearson Assessments Brasil
• GCSE Additional Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Business Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Geography Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Foundation Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Higher Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Modern World History Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Religious Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Schools History Project Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• LEJ - Longman English - Japanese Dictionary
• Longman Activator Thesaurus
• Longman Active Study Dictionary
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (with audio)
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (without audio)
• Longman Business English Dictionary - LBED
• Longman Diccionario Conciso - English-Spanish (with audio)
• Longman Diccionario Conciso Inglés-Español, Español-Inglés (sin audio)
• Longman Dicionário Inglês - Português
• Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English - 5th Edition
• Longman Dizionario Compatto
• Longman Idioms Dictionary
• Longman Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
• My Grammar Lab
• My Grammar Lab Advanced
• My Grammar Lab Intermediate
• Next Move Quiz
• Our Discovery Island: Phonic Tricksters
• Pearson Clinical UK Assessment Assistant
• Smarthinking Notification
• Talk Maths Year 4
• Talk Maths Year 5
• Talk Maths Year 6