Longman Advanced American Dictionary (without audio)
iOS Universal Reference
The dictionary for academic success.
“A must for every serious student of English!”
Patricia A. Richard-Amato, Professor Emeritus, California State University, Los Angeles
Full color text, zoomable illustrations and extensive sound files make the Longman Advanced American Dictionary ideal for use on your iPhone.
• Full contents of the Longman Advanced American Dictionary
• 185,000 words, phrases and meanings
• 73,000 natural examples show words in context
• Thesaurus boxes with 10,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words
• 5000 etymologies help you learn the origins of words
• 6,000 new words for school content such as Science and Social Science
• 5,000 verb conjugation tables
• Full color technical illustrations with zoom function
• 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English highlighted
• Search history and book mark facility
• Progressive look-up for quick searching
• Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
This version does not contain recordings of each headword, but they can be purchased later and optionally downloaded inside the app.
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Full iOS7 support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.