Longman Advanced American Dictionary (with audio)
iOS Universal Reference
The dictionary for academic success.
“A must for every serious student of English!”
Patricia A. Richard-Amato, Professor Emeritus, California State University, Los Angeles
Every headword pronounced. 25,000 audio recordings to help you learn the correct pronunciation.
Full color text, zoomable illustrations and extensive sound files make the Longman Advanced American Dictionary ideal for use on your iPhone.
• Full contents of the Longman Advanced American Dictionary
• 185,000 words, phrases and meanings
• 73,000 natural examples show words in context
• Thesaurus boxes with 10,000 synonyms, antonyms, and related words
• 5000 etymologies help you learn the origins of words
• 6,000 new words for school content such as Science and Social Science
• 5,000 verb conjugation tables
• Full color technical illustrations with zoom function
• 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English highlighted
• Search history and book mark facility
• Progressive look-up for quick searching
• Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.