Longman Active Study Dictionary
FOR INTERMEDIATE & UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEARNERS OF ENGLISH
Practical and comprehensive support
- 100,000 words, phrases and meanings, including the Academic Word List
- 40,000 corpus-based examples show words in context
- Integrated Thesaurus explains 6,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words
- 20,000 Collocations show typical word combinations
- Easy to understand - all definitions are written using the Longman Defining Vocabulary of 2,000 common words
- Full contents of the Longman Active Study Dictionary book with all words pronounced by both British and American native speakers of English
- 40,000 audio recordings to help you learn the correct pronunciation
- Full-colour text, zoomable illustrations and extensive sound files make the Longman Active Study Dictionary ideal for use on your iOS device
- Full-colour illustrations with zoom function
- Progressive look-up for quick searching
- Academic wordlist highlighted to help you understand high-level academic texts
- Automatic history
The Longman Active Study Dictionary is ideal for intermediate students who want a dictionary that lasts them up to advanced level. The best-selling dictionary in its category, the Active Study includes all the information students need to improve their English and increase their vocabulary in a portable size. It has more words, phrases, and examples than any other dictionary at this level.
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Longman Active Study Dictionary
© Pearson Education Limited, 2010
New colour scheme for iPhone/iPods.
Fixes crashing issue on iOS4 & 5.
Fixes intransitive verb display.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 25, 2013
- Pearson Education
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (8)
- 371.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ActiveLearn Go
• Check your Phonics
• Edexcel Past Papers
• Funbrain Jr.
• GCSE Additional Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Bitesize Exam alert
• GCSE Business Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Geography Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Foundation Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Higher Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Modern World History Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Religious Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Schools History Project Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• Longman Activator Thesaurus
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (with audio)
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (without audio)
• Longman Diccionario Conciso - English-Spanish (with audio)
• Longman Diccionario Conciso Inglés-Español, Español-Inglés (sin audio)
• Longman Dicionário Inglês - Português
• Longman Dizionario Compatto
• Longman Idioms Dictionary
• Longman Key Words Dictionary
• Longman Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
• My Grammar Lab
• My Grammar Lab Advanced
• My Grammar Lab Intermediate
• Next Move Quiz
• Our Discovery Island: Phonic Tricksters
• Pearson Clinical UK Assessment Assistant
• Quickstart French
• Quickstart German
• Quickstart Italian
• Quickstart Spanish
• Smarthinking Notification
• Talk Maths Year 4
• Talk Maths Year 5
• Talk Maths Year 6
• Timmy’s Number Tracing