Longman Activator Thesaurus
The Longman Activator Thesaurus is a thesaurus for learner’s of English – and unlike a traditional thesaurus, it provides full explanations of all words and phrases so that you truly understand the differences between them. For this reason, the Longman Activator Thesaurus has been described as “better than a thesaurus”!
Its innovative approach groups individual words and phrases under “Keywords” that share the same idea, concept or meaning. From a basic “Keyword” (such as increase), you are taken to a range of synonyms (such as go up, escalate, expand, soar, rocket) – each of which is fully explained and illustrated with example sentences taken from the Longman Corpus Network, showing how the word or phrase is used in natural spoken and written English.
Are you looking to increase your English vocabulary? Do you have difficulty deciding on the correct word to use in a particular situation? Then the Longman Activator Thesaurus is the app for you.
● 866 keywords – basic words that you already know
● Over 22,000 words and phrases – all fully explained and illustrated with example sentences
● Full index for quick look-up of words or phrases
● Over 15,000 audio pronunciations in British and American English
● Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words and phrases
● Over 400 images and 190 videos to help understanding
● Fast search, including search-as-you-type results
● Bookmark your favourite entries
● History showing all the keywords, sections and words you’ve recently viewed
● Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
● Supports multi-tasking
● No internet connection required
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● Full "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Evernote and email of partial definitions.
Swiping on Index pages (iPad).
Better Bookmarks and Flashcard UI.
Clipboard Search bug fix.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 2 days ago
- Pearson Education
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (8)
- 109.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ActiveLearn Go
• Check your Phonics
• Edexcel Past Papers
• GCSE Additional Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Bitesize Exam alert
• GCSE Business Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Geography Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Foundation Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Maths Higher Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Modern World History Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Religious Studies Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Schools History Project Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• GCSE Science Bitesize Last-minute Learner
• Longman Active Study Dictionary
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (with audio)
• Longman Advanced American Dictionary (without audio)
• Longman Diccionario Conciso - English-Spanish (with audio)
• Longman Diccionario Conciso Inglés-Español, Español-Inglés (sin audio)
• Longman Dicionário Inglês - Português | Português - Inglês
• Longman Dizionario Compatto
• Longman Idioms Dictionary
• Longman Key Words Dictionary
• Longman Phrasal Verbs Dictionary
• My Grammar Lab
• My Grammar Lab Advanced
• My Grammar Lab Intermediate
• Next Move Quiz
• Pearson Clinical UK Assessment Assistant
• Quickstart French
• Quickstart German
• Quickstart Italian
• Quickstart Spanish
• Talk Maths Year 4
• Talk Maths Year 5
• Talk Maths Year 6
• Timmy’s Number Tracing