This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Reference
IMPORTANT NOTE: The iPhone does not yet support typing Gujarati text on the device, and so the search feature of Gujarati Encyclopedia is currently awkward to use. You must either search for articles that don't use Gujarati script (e.g., articles with Roman titles), or paste in a string from some other source, such as Safari.
Gujarati Encyclopedia provides complete copy of the Wikipedia encyclopedia on your iPhone/iPod - meaning no internet access is required to search and view articles. This app is the fastest and simplest way to browse Wikipedia - and it works in a plane, on top of a mountain, in a tunnel, and in other countries. (Or, if you're an iPod Touch user, whenever you don't have wifi.)
When you first launch Encyclopedia, you will be required to download a copy of the Wikipedia database, which will occupy about 170 MB of space on your device.
For frequently asked questions, please head to http://steamheavyindustries.com/faq.
• No internet access required
• Complete text of the language's Wikipedia*
• Instantaneous search of article titles
• Fully functional links between articles
• Navigation trail, so that you can easily engage in the usual whimsical Wikipedia browsing.
• "The only game in town" - ZDNet
• "One of the Seven Must-Have Offline Apps For Your iPhone/iPod Touch" - New York Times
• "It's the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy realised" - Desinformado
• "It was one of the reasons I bought an iPod touch" - Lennart N.
• "It's the best and most useful iPhone app I know" - Alexander C.
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.
• Improved navigation
• Multiple databases (foreign language dictionaries, copies of Wikipedia in foreign languages, Wikitravel) available in addition to Gujarati
Wikitravel Travel Guides:
• Spanish Wiktionary
• German Wikitionary
• Italian Wikitionary
• English Wikipedia
• Spanish Wikipedia
• German Wikipedia
• French Wikipedia
• Dutch Wikipedia
• Japanese Wikipedia
• Italian Wikipedia
• Irish Wikipedia