Greek Interlinear Bible
The Greek Interlinear Bible assists your study of the Original New Testament Greek alongside either the World English Bible or the Young's Literal Translation (KJV available in select areas for download). If you're serious about studying the original texts, you shouldn't be without this tool.
*** IMPORTANT ***
1.3 requires iOS version 6.0 or higher. The KJV is not bundled with this app. If you want to download it, just download it from within the app under Settings -> Manage Bibles. (Available where not crown copyright.)
- Multiple Greek Versions, including parsed versions of the Byzantine, Textus Receptus, and Westcott-Hort. Also includes an unparsed version of Tischendorf (8th edition).
- The Westcott-Hort edition supports diacritics.
- World English Bible and Young's Literal Translation. (KJV downloadable in areas where it is not Crown Copyrighted.)
- Full-text case- and diacritic-insensitive search of both Greek and English versions
- Greek transliteration (helpful if you aren't very familiar with all the Greek letterforms)
- Copy Greek & English verses for use in other applications
- Highlight verses in five different colors
- Bookmark verses for future study
- Add your own notes to verses as you study
- Perform Strong's Lookup and New Testament search
- Keep track of your study with the built-in history that saves passage navigation and Bible and Strong's searches.
- Polytonic Greek Fonts: Arev Sans, Gentium Plus, and New Athena Unicode.
- Enhanced Notes Editor, including a fifth keyboard row for the iPad.
- Supports the Open Dyslexic font by Abelardo Gonzalez, and more information can be found at http://dyslexicfonts.com.
*** KNOWN ISSUE ***
A few older devices (iPhone 3GS-4S) appear to have an issue with applying themes. We are investigating to see what's going on, and will have a fix when possible. Thanks!
*** NOTE ***
This version drops support for iOS 5. Do not install if your device is not at iOS 6 or higher. To make a backup of the older version for future use, synchronize your device with your computer, and then copy the app on the computer to a safe place.
New in 1.3:
- New Visual Design
- New Launch Icon
- Notifications for new content – you'll be asked if you want notifications the first time.
- A Success indication after copying verses
- Improved Typography on iOS version 7 (ligature support and improved kerning).
- It was possible to end up searching the Bible for "(null)" after defining a Strong's #, and then searching for something else to get more than one result.
- It was possible to see "Search Bible" while long-pressing in the search bar in the Strong's view.
- Crashed intermittently and unexpectedly on iOS 7 (often on startup, but not always).
- Non-retina devices could see blurry text.
- iPhone's navigation bar does not change colors when the theme changes (the iPad's navigation bar works correctly).
- Informational text in views (such as search view) doesn't change when the theme changes.
- When copying ranges, the verses are individually listed instead of using ranged references (ala Mat 1:2-5,7)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 06, 2014
- photoKandy Studios LLC
- 16.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (6)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (15)