German-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs
iOS Universal Reference
Over 295,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of German and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Featured by Apple as "What's Hot"
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our German-English dictionary to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into German or English text instantly.
• Over 95,000 entries with 295,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of German and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• Conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into German and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from German-English to English-German
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"Offers both a comprehensive German-English dictionary as well as verb conjugations. This app is worth every penny." -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes