Garden Plants Database
Complete garden plant database. Over 1,000 common garden plant names with detailed descriptions covering many common groups.
This is an excellent pocket reference for farmers and gardeners, or anyone who is interested in learning more about gardening and plants.
This app is a photo-based application showing a wide variety of garden plants, trees, and herbs, with horicultural and gardening tips.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all garden plants. The top 150 plants are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove garden plants, and access plants you added using My Plants. If you find plant data that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own interesting gardening data.
- You can rate garden plants on a 5-star system. Once rated, the plant is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite garden plants, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any garden plant to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your plants, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any plant in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, "tomatoes" might be placed under multiple categories, like "edible plants" and also "annuals".
- Shake your mobile device for a random plant. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too. "What should we plant this here?" "I don't know... shake the iPhone and see!"
- "View All" garden plants for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of plants in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one plant to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this garden plants database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the plant. For example, you may want to keep some notes about whether the plant was easy or difficult to grow and why. Or, perhaps you would like to keep track of where you learned about the plant, or where it was last planted on your property.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that plant you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources, including US government websites, Wikipedia Commons, public universities, and public domain archives. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at email@example.com.
In this new version, a slideshow feature has been added, allowing you to peruse all images for any category in a sleek and convenient slideshow format. Slideshow controls such as start, stop, rewind, and fast-forward are available. Clicking on any image in the slideshow will auto-open the image record.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 24, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (65)
- 58.5 MB