This app was removed from the App Store.
FAA Airplane Flying Handbook HD
iOS iPad Reference
Made Exclusively for iPad!
This is the official FAA source for learning the basic skills and knowledge essential for learning to fly. It is a must for all pilots and those training for their private pilot's license. It has been used by pilots for over 30 years, and continues to contain the most relevant and updated information for flying.
******Includes information on:********
- INTRODUCTION TO FLIGHT TRAINING
- PREFLIGHT GROUND OPERATIONS
- TAKEOFFS AND CLIMBS
- BASIC FLIGHT MANEUVERS
- SLOW FLIGHT, STALLS, AND SPINS
- GROUND REFERENCE AND PERFORMANCE MANEUVERS
- AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC PATTERNS
- APPROACHES AND LANDINGS
- PERFORMANCE MANEUVERS
- NIGHT OPERATIONS
- FLYING MULTI ENGINE AIRPLANES
- FLYING TAILWHEEL AIRCRAFT
- FLYING TURBOPROPELLER AIRPLANES
- JET POWERED AIRPLANES
- EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
All information conforms to the pilot training standards set forth by the FAA, and explains the most commonly used flight maneuvers, practices, and principles used in modern aviation today. All beautifully laid out with over 200 illustrations and images with an interface that is elegant and easy to use.
New in Version 1.1
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Added a "More Apps" Section