Esperanto-English Translation Dictionary
iOS Universal Reference
*** The biggest Esperanto-English dictionary for iPhone and iPad ***
Dictionary data provided by Universala Esperanto Asocio!
Over 50,000 translations with no internet connection required!
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our Esperanto-English dictionary to provide all the content you need because it has more entries than any other Esperanto app.
It also has extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. The number translator converts numerals into Esperanto or English text instantly.
• Over 30,000 entries with 50,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Translate numerals into Esperanto and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Esperanto-English to English-Esperanto
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"It is a very easy to use, tremendously helpful and valuable addition for learning the language and traveling. I have found it a pleasure to use and it has exceeded my expectations in every way and has not yet let me down in any way. A terrific app." -User review
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes