iOS Universal Reference
WORKS OFFLINE - Expand your English vocabulary or find just the right word for the assignment, our comprehensive word selection and simple search options will have you using this app every day. With a minimalist display designed for functionality it features visual cues, like usage guides and regional flags, and easy navigation between detailed results.
One of the largest collections of synonyms and antonyms featuring pronunciation, it includes not only single terms but phrases and complete colloquial proverbs. This wide-ranging collection of terminology is intended to be a professional writing aid for native speakers and a reliable tool for those learning the language. Internet connection needed only for voices and spell-check.
What makes this English Thesaurus unique?
• The fact that you may enter set phrases, not only single terms, as valid entries.
• The fact that you may obtain synonyms of parts of speech usually not included in other thesauri, such as exclamations, prepositional phrases and idiomatic verbs. Even proverbs have their synonyms!
• Vast database; no less than 1,767,000+ synonyms and 361,000+ antonyms.
• 349,000+ English words and 25,000+ pictures.
• Meaning Descriptors to help distinguish between the different word meanings.
• Strict coherence of each synonym set. Transitive verbs yield only transitive synonyms. Intransitive verbs yield intransitive synonyms. Meanings and connotations of words are never mixed.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox
• You may now enter plurals as valid entries.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words and offers close suggestions.
* Please note this is a Thesaurus and therefore includes only English synonyms, no translations nor verb conjugations. Our General Reference Dictionary includes all those.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
What's new in version 7.7.3:
* Fixed problem with Dropbox synchronization
* Flag functionality is back
Recently in 7.7.2:
* New! Pronoun is shown at the side of the Spanish noun, so you can easily identify the gender of the word
* New! Now you can choose if you wish to use Flashcards with synonyms or show the definition for better learning
* New! Now you can choose to play in either English or Spanish in flashcards
* IMPORTANT! Fixed problem that prevented "Search" button to appear in iPad Portrait Mode
* Fixed problem with some devices that showed "Loading" word at the bottom of results
* Fixed problem with example phrases showing unrelated examples