This app was removed from the App Store.
Duden – The Dictionary of Correct Usage, 9th Edition
iOS Universal Reference
With the Duden dictionary of correct usage you have direct access to over 100,000 established word compounds, phrases and expressions, proverbs and examples of sentences. Use the current 9th edition now – you'll hardly have a better opportunity to improve your style!
Features of the dictionary:
• Around 100,000 examples of sentences show meaningful and grammatically correct word usage
• Numerous established word compounds, phrases and keywords
• Details on style and usage help when looking for suitable wordings
Powerful NEW SEARCH FEATURES – including FULL TEXT SEARCH – assures that any query yields precise search returns, ensuring you find the word you’re looking for quickly and easily.
The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Duden will automatically build a list of entries containing your query.
• Because Full text search supports ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to find out the correct usage of the word.
• Contextual menu.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• iPhone 5 support
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Minor bugs fixed