This app was removed from the App Store.
Duden - German dictionary of foreign words, 9th Edition
iOS Universal Reference
*** Input duden10 and find the new edition easily! ***
Duden – German dictionary of foreign words, updated in August 2006 according to the new Official Spelling Rules, offers a thorough survey of the up-to-date and traditional foreign vocabulary presented in the modern German. Thus among the dictionary entries one can find special notes on history, functionality and usage of foreign words in the German language. Duden dictionary of foreign words is irreplaceable reference book for everyone, who wants to use and understand foreign words correctly.
• Dictionary database is powered by Duden and contains over 55,000 foreign words and technical terms of the German present-day language with pronunciation samples.
• Over 400,000 notes on meaning, grammar, spelling, word division, etymology.
• Over 8,000 audio pronunciations for difficult words.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to get definitions of the foreign word.
• Contextual menu.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• iPhone 5 support
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Minor bugs fixed