Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus Premium
iOS iPhone Reference
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms and designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Dictionary.com’s Premium app now includes ALL of our content and Upgrades (over 3,400,000 fun and helpful entries) for just one low price. It’s also ad-free!
Works offline! Install the free offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Favorite words and recent search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- Translator – translate into over 25 languages
- New Content Collections Carousel includes fresh content from our Blog, Slideshows and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - find out where even the strangest words come from
- Spelling suggestions - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
- Advanced learner’s dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Just in time for the holiday season, we have added new features to make your Dictionary.com experience that much better. Thanks to your valuable feedback, our latest release has updated the following features:
* Definitions and Thesaurus - YES! We are bringing thesaurus back. Search within the dictionary and thesaurus from anywhere in the app by selecting them from the search box.
* Recent Searches – Tap the search box to see your most recent searches.
* Favorite Words – Access your favorites at any time by tapping the star icon on the top right of the home screen.
* Settings and Features – Access all of your app’s options conveniently through the top left menu.
* Ease of Use – Experience a more seamless navigation to the home screen using the X on the top right of any page.
We hope you enjoy this update. Happy holidays to all of you from us at Dictionary.com!