Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry
iOS Universal Reference
The sixth edition of Oxford Dictionary of Chemistry covers all aspects of chemistry, from physical chemistry to biochemistry. Fully revised and updated, it boasts broader coverage in subject areas such as forensics, metallurgy, materials science, and geology, increasing the dictionary’s appeal to students in these related fields. There are also biographical entries on key figures, highlighted entries on major topics such as polymers and crystal defects, and chronologies charting the main discoveries in atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics. A new feature is the inclusion of entry-level web links.
With over 4,700 entries, including over 200 new terms for this edition, this is the ideal reference resource for students of chemistry at all levels, either at school or at university, undergraduate lecturers, and students and lecturers in related disciplines such as biology. Thanks to its greater breadth of content, this latest edition of the Dictionary of Chemistry also appeals to students in related disciplines such as medicine, forensics, and metallurgy.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
• NEW! Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Complete visual redesign
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• New Talk & Translate feature introduced
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Navigate the Word of the Day entries by swiping
• Recently viewed entries will appear at the top of the search field
• Bug fixes