Dictionary German - English PREMIUM by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The most comprehensive German - English reference work from PONS, with 930,000 headwords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write English or German texts, newspapers and magazines? Or do you frequently check on a word whilst reading or writing e-mails, letters, presentations, trade articles in English or German…focusing on the widest range of topics? The PONS Dictionary German - English PREMIUM has been designed for professionals and offers quick and reliable help!
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
About the contents:
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing more than 390,000 headwords and phrases and more than 540,000 translations
• With professional terminology from the worlds of business, computer science, law and natural sciences
• Detailed examples of context and information about language usage
• Inclusion of all styles: from colloquial to literary
• Detailed examination of British and American language usage and of the regional differences in language that prevail in Austria and Switzerland
• Particularly well-structured layout with comprehensive entries
• Contains both language directions (German-English and English-German)
• With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Directly look up words (iOS8): simply highlight text in the Safari web browser, click on the share button at the bottom of your screen and chose the dictionary App. All words which can be looked up in the dictionary will now be visible.
• Any words you copy from a different application (e.g. on the Internet) are imported directly into the app’s search box and the relevant dictionary entry is displayed (iOS 7 and higher).
• Look-up without typing: You don’t even have to type it, but you can simply enter the search word in your own handwriting. Your search word will appear in the search box as a suggestion.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
• Search for English headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘English => German’ to ‘German => English’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click.
• Individual settings. Use the range of options like defining the text size.
• Use the history function to call up your last 100 word searches again – at a click.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© AnglianArt - Fotolia.com
NEW: Directly look up words in Safari! (iOS 8) To get the translations you need simply select your text, click on Share and choose the dictionary you want to use. You will need to have added your chosen dictionary via Share and the option “More” beforehand.
+ Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
+ Optimized loading time
+ Bug fix for iPad Air
We´re happy to answer your questions and comments, which you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org