Dictionary German - English PREMIUM by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The most comprehensive German - English reference work from PONS, with 930,000 headwords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write English or German texts, newspapers and magazines? Or do you frequently check on a word whilst reading or writing e-mails, letters, presentations, trade articles in English or German…focusing on the widest range of topics? The PONS Dictionary German - English PREMIUM has been designed for professionals and offers quick and reliable help!
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
About the contents:
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing more than 390,000 headwords and phrases and more than 540,000 translations
• With professional terminology from the worlds of business, computer science, law and natural sciences
• With context examples, information on language use, inclusion of all styles: from colloquial to literary and lots of information on grammar
• Detailed examination of British and American language usage and of the regional differences in language that prevail in Austria and Switzerland
• Contains both language directions (German-English and English-German)
• With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Direct look-up (iOS 8): Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively: optimized for English, French and Spanish
• You can look up keywords in any of their forms (declined or conjugated): available for German, French, Spanish and Russian.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© AnglianArt - Fotolia.com
* The dictionaries now include additional information on grammar, spelling and much more!
We are happy to receive your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org