This app was removed from the App Store.
Dictionary German - English PREMIUM by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
The most comprehensive German - English reference work from PONS, with 930,000 headwords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write English or German texts, newspapers and magazines? Or do you frequently check on a word whilst reading or writing e-mails, letters, presentations, trade articles in English or German…focusing on the widest range of topics? The PONS Dictionary German - English PREMIUM has been designed for professionals and offers quick and reliable help!
About the contents:
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing more than 390,000 headwords and phrases and more than 540,000 translations
• With professional terminology from the worlds of business, computer science, law and natural sciences
• With context examples, information on language use, inclusion of all styles: from colloquial to literary and lots of information on grammar
• Detailed examination of British and American language usage and of the regional differences in language that prevail in Austria and Switzerland
• Contains both language directions (German-English and English-German)
• With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• NEW! Optimised multitasking on the iPad (iOS 10): Slide Over lets you use a second app without ever leaving the first app. Use Split View to open and use two apps simultaneously, allowing you to, for example, look something up in the dictionary while reading your emails or writing messages.
• NEW! 3D touch support: tap a keyword lightly on the iPhone and see a preview of the dictionary entry with Peek. Tap on the icon for the PONS dictionary app to open the menu with the main dictionary functions (Quick Actions) and navigate directly to the chosen function within the dictionary.
• NEW – for the visually impaired and the blind! Activate the VoiceOver screen reader function to have the selected function keys and dictionary entry elements read out aloud.
• Direct look-up: Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© AnglianArt - Fotolia.com
• Optimised user-friendliness.
• Optimised multitasking on the iPad thanks to Slide Over and Split View (iOS 10).
• 3D touch support.
• With VoiceOver – for the visually impaired and the blind.
We look forward to your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com.