Dictionary French - German BASIC by PONS
iOS Universal Reference
A reliable aid for everyday and leisure use from PONS, with 106,000 headwords, phrases and translations!
Do you need to check on French or German words – in your day-to-day business, leisure time, or when on holiday? Do you long for quick and clear answers?
The PONS Dictionary French - German BASIC offers fast and direct help, with the vocabulary you really need for everyday and leisure use.
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• NEW! Optimised multitasking on the iPad (iOS 10): Slide Over lets you use a second app without ever leaving the first app. Use Split View to open and use two apps simultaneously, allowing you to, for example, look something up in the dictionary while reading your emails or writing messages.
• NEW! 3D touch support: tap a keyword lightly on the iPhone and see a preview of the dictionary entry with Peek. Tap on the icon for the PONS dictionary app to open the menu with the main dictionary functions (Quick Actions) and navigate directly to the chosen function within the dictionary.
• NEW – for the visually impaired and the blind! Activate the VoiceOver screen reader function to have the selected function keys and dictionary entry elements read out aloud.
• Direct look-up: Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© bunyos - Fotolia.com
• Optimised user-friendliness.
• Optimised multitasking on the iPad thanks to Slide Over and Split View (iOS 10).
• 3D touch support.
• With VoiceOver – for the visually impaired and the blind.
We look forward to your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com.