iOS Universal Reference
The Chambers Thesaurus is the perfect reference for writers and word game enthusiasts, while all lovers of language will find it a pleasure to browse through. There are nearly 40 000 distinct indexed words, and a total of about 400 000 synonyms and antonyms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search
- Cross-reference to offline and online dictionaries
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. On new iPads it supports Split View and Slide Over for easily viewing with other apps. No Internet connection is required.
The Chambers Dictionary is also available as a separate app, and can easily be cross-referenced using the X-Ref button.
- Support for Split View and Slide Over on iPad
- Automatically look up clipboard word when switching from other app
- Minor corrections