NEW: Now the latest 2014 edition!
The single-volume international English dictionary with the widest coverage of all the riches of the English language. Clear, accurate and occasionally witty definitions, with the latest new words from science, technology and contemporary culture.
This 13th Edition reflects the changes in our language, with special attention paid to new words that have emerged, new uses of old words and the most up-to-date pronunciation. The 13th Edition includes over 260,000 distinct words, compounds, phrases and derived forms.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
There are also standard bookmark, recent word and random word features. No Internet connection is required.
The Chambers Dictionary is treasured by word-lovers and crossword enthusiasts for its majestic coverage of English and its tradition of sneaking in a sprinkling of light-hearted definitions. Alone among the single-volume dictionaries, it preserves a rich stock of words from our literary heritage as well as covering all the latest developments in contemporary English.
Chambers Thesaurus is also available as a separate app, and can easily be cross-referenced from the dictionary.
Updated to the new 13th Edition
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 27, 2014
- WordWeb Software
- 25.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (54)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Audio Dictionary - WordWeb International English
• Audio dictionary - WordWeb American English
• Chambers Dictionary
• Chambers Thesaurus
• Chambers Thesaurus
• Crossword Help
• Oxford Dictionary of English
• Shorter Oxford English Dictionary
• WordWeb Dictionary
• WordWeb Pro Dictionary