Burton's Legal Thesaurus
iOS Universal Reference
THE FIRST AND MOST COMPREHENSIVE LEGAL THESAURUS EVER PUBLISHED
Updated with 1,000 essential new terms--from "whistleblower" to "bailout" The first book of its kind when it was orginally published in 1980, Burton's Legal Thesaurus has become a staple for everyone in the legal profession. Addressing the newest concepts before the nation's highest courts, the fifth edition celebrates 35 years of this one-of-a-kind law reference tool.
With 11,000 critical-to-know legal terms, synonyms, definitions, and parts of speech, Burton's is essential for:
* Partners, associates, attorneys, and judges, who will appreciate the timeliness of the 1,000-plus new entries
* Law school students seeking to use a more specific word or recall a forgotten word
* Journalists and scholars looking for the right word to fit the thought
William C. Burton, Esq., is an attorney and partner in the law firm of Sagat|Burton LLP. He is a former New York State Assistant Attorney General and a former New York State Assistant Special Prosecutor. He is also founder of the Burton Awards for Legal Achievement. The first edition of his Legal Thesaurus was named one of the "Most Creative and Innovative Projects of the Year" by the Association of American Publishers. Burton has been awarded the Blackstone Award by the Friends of the Law Library of Congress for "embodying and promoting the best ideals of the institution."
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Flash Cards’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.