This app was removed from the App Store.
Battleships and Carriers
iOS Universal Reference
300 of the most important and influential capital ships to have sailed the seas since the age of sail in one app on your iPhone or iPad
Battleships and Carriers contains 300 of the most important and influential capital ships to have sailed the seas since the age of sail. These include such famous battleships as the Admiral Graf Spee, Bismarck, Iowa and Dreadnought. The app also includes the greatest aircraft carriers that served during World Wars I and II.
Each of the 300 vessels featured in Battleships and Carriers is illustrated with the aid of a superb side-view artwork. In addition, the artwork is accompanied by a detailed specifications table giving displacement, dimensions, performance, date of launch and armament, plus accompanying text that summarises the career of the ship and its eventual fate.
• 300 battleships and aircraft carriers featured, each one illustrated by a full-colour artwork
• Full displacement, performance and dimensions provided for each vessel, all measurements in imperial and metric
• Each ship’s development history and career in full
• Quick search functions by country of origin and performance
• Favourites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
Steve Crawford is a freelance editor and writer on military and naval affairs, who has worked on both books and partworks.
• Now with new app design and iPhone 5 support (4-Inch Retina Display)!