Battlelines: Pearl Harbor
Battlelines: Pearl Harbor is an interactive, illustrated timeline of the infamous Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. A unique bird's-eye-view map plots the Japanese attack, the location of US ships and the heroic American defensive efforts. Created by Aimer Media and military publisher Osprey it clearly explains the chaotic events of America's 'Date of Infamy'.
Early in the morning on December 7, 1941 the Japanese launched a surprise attack on the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor. It was a devastatingly successful military action, and remains one of the darkest days in American military history. Unprepared for the assault, the Americans suffered terrible casualties as Japanese fighters, bombers and torpedo planes delivered two devastating waves of attacks, sinking or damaging 18 American ships and killing thousands of American military personnel.
This app provides a blow-by-blow account of the attack, using an interactive 3D map to track the Japanese attacks throughout the morning. It provides an overview of the military and political motivation behind the attack, the in-depth planning and preparation that went into the attack and summarizes the aftermath of the operation and the impact it had on American foreign policy, before analyzing the effectiveness of the attack and the ultimate failure of the Imperial Japanese Navy to cripple the American Pacific Fleet.
Universal version, now works on iPhones running iOS5.1 and above.
Minor Bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 15, 2013
- Aimer Media
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 41.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Battlelines: Borodino 1812 - Napoleon's greatest gamble
• Collins Quiz Zone Europe
• Collins Quiz Zone World
• Daily Bread – Daily Bible reading guide from Scripture Union
• Day by Day with God: Rooting women’s lives in t...
• Elementary Science 7 to 9: I Know That! Quiz for Grade 3
• Elementary Science 9 to 11: I Know That! Quiz for Grade 4
• Guidelines: Bible Study for Today's Ministry and Mission
• Haematology: Clinical Cases Uncovered
• Lectionary: The Official Common Worship Calendar from the Church of England
• New Daylight
• Para Fitness
• Pepys Diary
• Pevsner's Architectural Glossary
• Quick Fictions - every story under 300 words
• Reflections for Daily Prayer Daily Bible Notes from the Church of England
• The Daily Toss: Your Daily Serving of Modern Toss
• The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce: An Aimer Edition
• The Military History Quiz: Become a 4 star general with the Osprey Quizmaster