Audubon Wildflowers California – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Did you know that certain wildflowers do not bloom until after a wildfire? Discover unique species, like the Fire Poppy, in the California chaparral and coastal scrub. Bring along your Audubon Wildflowers California mobile app, and get year-round information about buds in bloom! Identify over 750 species of flowers with in-depth descriptions about appearance, range, flowering, and habitat. Created in affiliation with the National Audubon Society, this app features beautiful high-quality photos. Every species is described with rich and detailed information, all accessed by fast and easy navigation.
▪ Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
▪ Detailed range maps highlighting species distribution.
▪ In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, and much more.
▪ Real time availability, no matter where you are, even without an internet connection.
▪ ‘Journal’ feature allows you to track and annotate you personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
▪ State-of-the-Art search functions:
- By first name, last name, and scientific name of every species
- By family
- By wildflower shape
- By multiple “advanced search” variables including habitats, size, color and leaf variations
▪ An extensive reference section describing wildflower identification, parts of a flower, classification and names.
▪ Created in Alliance with the National Audubon Society with a portion of sales supporting the mission of NAS
▪ From the leading publisher of nature and wildlife apps, our mobile field guides have received 22 special mentions and recognition in the iTunes store.
About Audubon Guides
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive series of interactive digital field guides that combine smart phone technology with the Audubon Society’s vast library of information about nature, brought entirely up to date. All Apps are created in alliance with the National Audubon Society. No longer is it necessary to carry bulky printed fields guides. What are you waiting for? Start exploring your world with Audubon Mobile Field Guides.
About the Company
Green Mountain Digital is an innovative digital media publisher specializing in an outdoor oriented product line. The company was created in 2009 in Woodstock, Vermont, to introduce the wonders of nature, the outdoors, and wildlife to users of all ages. The apps have expanded the experience of technology and accessible information by fostering a global community based upon the idea of sharing information, education, and an active lifestyle. Green Mountain Digital is in partnership with the National Audubon Society and Orvis brands.
Visit Us Today!
• Fixed iOS 5 issues
• A personal ‘Journal’ allows you to track and annotate your sightings
• Now share observations with friends directly from the app by email or Facebook
• Link your Journal to a your Personal Nature Account on AudubonGuides.com
• Improved interface & performance
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 01, 2013
- Green Mountain Digital
- 305.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (21)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Audubon Birds Pro
• Audubon Birds and Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Birds and Butterflies
• Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
• Audubon Fishes - A Field Guide to North American Fishes
• Audubon Fishes of the Caribbean and the Gulf of...
• Audubon Guides Box Set - Birds, Tree, Wildflowers & Mammals
• Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders
• Audubon Mushrooms – A Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
• Audubon Nature California – The Ultimate California Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Desert Southwest
• Audubon Nature Florida – The Ultimate Florida Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Mid-Atlantic - The Ultimate Mid-Atlantic Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature New England – The Ultimate New England Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Pacific Northwest
• Audubon Nature Rocky Mountains - The Ultimate Rocky Mountain Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Texas – The Ultimate Texas Nature Guide
• Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians – A Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
• Audubon Trees
• Audubon Wildflowers
• Songbirds of North America
• Audubon African Wildlife
• Audubon Birds California – A Field Guide to the Birds of California
• Audubon Birds of Central Park
• Audubon Mammals - A Field Guide to North American Mammals
• Audubon Owls - A Field Guide to North American Owls
• GardenMinder by Gardener's Supply Company
• Orvis Fly Fishing – The Ultimate Fly-Fishing Guide
• Sailing World Knots and Splices
• The Birds of Haiti and the Dominican Republic