Audubon Mushrooms – A Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
The best mobile field guide for the season!
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Audubon Mushrooms is the most comprehensive and accurate guide to North American mushrooms and other fungi available to date. The app covers 570 common species of mushrooms, other fungi and slime molds - enough info to please the mycologist in all of us. Audubon Mushrooms features a comprehensive search function, stunning photography, current taxonomic information, complete species descriptions and reference material. Now with NatureShare. NatureShare is a new community where nature lovers can observe, identify, and share their observations and photos.
• Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
• In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on season, habitat, range and much more.
• Real time availability, no matter where you are, even without an internet connection.
• ‘NatureShare’ feature allows you to track and annotate your personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
• State-of-the-Art search functions:
- By first name, last name, and scientific name of every species
- By shape using the best silhouettes of any mushroom app
- By order
- By multiple “advanced search” variables including shape, habitats, regions, colors, sizes, months, characteristics of the cap, gills, stem and more
- New Gallery view for quick identification and comparison
• Detailed reference section includes information on classification, parts of a mushroom with detailed diagrams, tips on hunting, collecting and identifying mushrooms and much more.
• Created in Alliance with the National Audubon Society with a portion of sales supporting the mission of NAS.
• From the leading publisher of nature and wildlife apps, our mobile field guides have received 22 special mentions and recognition in the iTunes store.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots & Splices, FishBlue, & NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences & share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email email@example.com
NatureShare Replaces “Journal.” Be certain to sync your content with your account (Found in the More section of the current app). If your sightings don’t appear after updating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with this or any other questions or issues. We will help.
NatureShare is a new community where nature lovers can observe, identify, and share their observations and photos.
New Gallery view for quick identification and comparison!
Optimized for iPhone5!
Corrected Search issue.
Corrected an issue that may have prevented some users from logging in. If you still cannot login after running the update, please try logging out and back in. If this still does not work, please contact email@example.com
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 07, 2014
- Green Mountain Digital
- 614.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (9)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (45)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Audubon African Wildlife
• Audubon Birds California – A Field Guide to the Birds of California
• Audubon Birds Pro
• Audubon Birds and Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Birds and Butterflies
• Audubon Birds of Central Park
• Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
• Audubon Fishes - A Field Guide to North American Fishes
• Audubon Fishes of the Caribbean and the Gulf of...
• Audubon Guides Box Set - Birds, Tree, Wildflowers & Mammals
• Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders
• Audubon Mammals - A Field Guide to North American Mammals
• Audubon Nature California – The Ultimate California Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Desert Southwest
• Audubon Nature Florida – The Ultimate Florida Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Mid-Atlantic - The Ultimate Mid-Atlantic Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature New England – The Ultimate New England Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Pacific Northwest
• Audubon Nature Rocky Mountains - The Ultimate Rocky Mountain Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Texas – The Ultimate Texas Nature Guide
• Audubon Owls - A Field Guide to North American Owls
• Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians – A Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
• Audubon Trees
• Audubon Wildflowers
• Audubon Wildflowers California – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
• GardenMinder by Gardener's Supply Company
• Orvis Fly Fishing – The Ultimate Fly-Fishing Guide
• Sailing World Knots and Splices
• Songbirds of North America
• The Birds of Haiti and the Dominican Republic