Audubon Birds Pro
The perfect field guide for the season!
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1.3 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
The award-winning Audubon Birds is now Audubon Birds Pro, an outstanding mobile field guide resource completely updated to the current AOU checklist with two new species, the Sagebrush Sparrow and Bell’s Sparrow split from the Sage Sparrow. And with “Find Birds with eBird” powered by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology; 821 total species; advanced gallery view for easy comparison and search; field mark call outs; and NatureShare - a social community of birders who observe, identify, and share their observations and photos in the mobile app and online.
•Identify 821 species with in-depth descriptions including information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and more
•Over 3,200 images from the world-renown VIREO, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University’s world-wide collection of bird photography, Philadelphia.
•Eight hours of the most exceptional, highest quality bird sounds.
•Robust seasonal and migratory range maps.
•Browse species in a gallery view and filter by shape, region and color, aiding quick identification.
•Find Birds with eBird - the ability to locate birds seen recently around you, drawing on the continuously updated database from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and eBird.
•Create a Personal Nature Account – post, keep lists, and share sightings with friends and followers to NatureShare and Facebook or via email with an easy and user-friendly interface.
What People are Saying:
“Now every birder can have the equivalent of a rare bird alert and comprehensive field guide wrapped into a single mobile app.” - Gary Langham, vice president and chief scientist for Audubon
“Instead of the hefty field guides, the apps give the nature photographer a very portable and lightweight library of natural history information.” – Jim Clark, Outdoor Photographer Magazine
AppPicker (“Best of” Lists, Jan 2013): “Audubon Birds…largely regarded as the best bird watching app…”
2011 APPY Award Finalist
“All I can say is WOW and double WOW! I have had Audubon Birds for a couple of years and have seen it grow into the BEST bird app for iOS! ...I am just blown away with all the new additions. My favorite is showing all the birds in a group (thumbnails) and when tapped lightly the name shows up. What a way to learn new birds. I just cannot express how much I love the update. Thank you…” - E Uhls
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed 'Posting Failed' Error
• Improved Stability
• Bug Fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 05, 2014
- Green Mountain Digital
- 701.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (58)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1775)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Audubon African Wildlife
• Audubon Birds and Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Birds and Butterflies
• Audubon Birds California – A Field Guide to the Birds of California
• Audubon Birds of Central Park
• Audubon Butterflies - A Field Guide to North American Butterflies
• Audubon Fishes - A Field Guide to North American Fishes
• Audubon Fishes of the Caribbean and the Gulf of...
• Audubon Guides Box Set - Birds, Tree, Wildflowers & Mammals
• Audubon Insects and Spiders – A Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders
• Audubon Mammals - A Field Guide to North American Mammals
• Audubon Mushrooms – A Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
• Audubon Nature California – The Ultimate California Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Desert Southwest
• Audubon Nature Florida – The Ultimate Florida Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Mid-Atlantic - The Ultimate Mid-Atlantic Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature New England – The Ultimate New England Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Pacific Northwest
• Audubon Nature Rocky Mountains - The Ultimate Rocky Mountain Nature Guide
• Audubon Nature Texas – The Ultimate Texas Nature Guide
• Audubon Owls - A Field Guide to North American Owls
• Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians – A Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
• Audubon Trees
• Audubon Wildflowers
• Audubon Wildflowers California – A Field Guide to the Wildflowers of California
• GardenMinder by Gardener's Supply Company
• Orvis Fly Fishing – The Ultimate Fly-Fishing Guide
• Sailing World Knots and Splices
• Songbirds of North America
• The Birds of Haiti and the Dominican Republic
• Yonder - Outdoor Adventures