Tie, untie and rotate more than 90 knots with just your finger! Knots 3D will give you a whole new perspective on knots! Grab a rope and have fun!
- #1 Reference App in 75 Countries*
- Included in Scouting Magazine's "Ultimate List of Scouting Apps" and featured in the Trek Tech section of the Sep/Oct 2012 issue.
Have you ever wondered what a knot looks like rotated 40° or maybe 90°? Or maybe you want to see what a Trilene knot or Constrictor knot looks like from the back? Use your finger to spin the knot and see how it looks from any angle in 3D!
Choose from 94 different knots and see how they're tied in incredible detail. Watch the knot draw itself or use your finger to tie and untie the knot. Its easy to see where the virtual rope goes in and out and around. (Something about a rabbit and a hole and a tree right? ) Zoom in on the knot to get a closer look or flip it around for another perspective. Can your old school knot app do that?!
Product Features and Functions
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (Universal App)
- High res graphics for retina displays
- Learn to tie 94 unique knots
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots in 360 degree, 3D views to study them from any angle
- Zoom in on a knot to see it in greater detail
- Interact with the knot on screen via mult-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
- Browse knots by category or search by name
- Completely self contained -- No internet required!
- 100% localized for a dozen languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
Each 3D knot has detailed reference information including tying pointers, strength and reliability, structural info, and Ashley reference numbers (ABoK) and occasionally the history behind the knot.
The knots are arranged by both Category (Boating, Climbing, Fishing, Scouting, etc) and Type (Bend, Loop, Stopper, etc). If you find a knot you like or want to come back to later, add it to your Favorites list for quick reference.
Albright Special, Anchor Hitch, Ashley’s Bend, Blood Knot, Bowline, Bowline on a Bight, Buntline Hitch, Carrick Bend, Cats Paw, Clinch Knot (Improved), Clove Hitch, Constrictor Knot, Larks Head Hitch, Double Sheet Bend, Figure 8 Knot, Figure 8 Bend, Figure 8 Loop, Fisherman’s Eye, Fisherman’s Knot, Jar Sling Knot, Loop Knot, Overhand Knot, Perfection Loop, Rolling Hitch, Round Turn & Two Half Hitches, Running Bowline, Square Knot (Reef Knot), Sheepshank, Sheet Bend, Stevedore’s Knot, Surgeon’s Knot, Surgeon’s Loop, Taut Line Hitch, Tiller’s Hitch, Timber Hitch, Water Knot, Zeppelin Bend, Alpine Butterfly, Trucker's Hitch, Prusik Hitch, Rapala Knot, San Diego Jam, Yucatan Knot, Diagonal Lashing, Double Coin Knot, Mooring Hitch, Round Lashing, Shear Lashing, Square Lashing, Trefoil Knot, Jury Mast Knot, Monkey's Fist, Turk's Head and many more!
Complete Knot List at:
KNOTS 3D REVIEWS
Superb in every way - 5 Stars!
I'm a fairly handy guy (surgeon) and rely on several knots in my practice. Nevertheless I'm pretty hopeless at learning new knots and remembering them, even though I'm a sailor and do some fishing. Knots 3D is the answer. I love every aspect of the app.
Great App - 5 Stars!
I really like this app, I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills is a must and this app helps keep me "knot prepared". The zoom and step through the knot using a finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
* As per appfigures.com on 9/11/2012
We have added some of the top user requests to Knots 3D: A search function and landscape mode -- iPad owners rejoice!
The landscape mode is perfect for teaching knots on a big screen TV or projector using AirPlay and an Apple TV. It also accommodates those using iPads in landscape due to keyboard or case restrictions.
The search function searches all knot names along with common synonyms and works in all 16 supported languages!
We continue to add new knots and this time we have (finally) implemented the classic Turk's Head Woggle!
Lastly, we have modernized the user interface with four selectable color schemes (skins). To those who loved the gradient... Sorry, it is gone. For those who hated it -- hope you like the update!
- New knot: Cowboy Bowline (AKA: Dutch Bowline, Left-hand Bowline)
- Minor Translation update
- New earth tones color theme
- Landscape mode
- Search function
- New knot: Turk's Head Woggle
- Double tap zoom in/out
- Modernized UI (4 user selectable themes)
- Turkish and Hebrew translations
- New settings screens
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 14, 2014
- 49.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (425)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (2586)