This app was removed from the App Store.
American Heritage® Deluxe
iOS Universal Reference
The entire 2,074 page, 7.5 pound dictionary with its nearly 300,000 terms –plus 64 thousand recorded sound files & "Roget's II: The New Thesaurus".
• The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
• Roget's II: The New Thesaurus
"In battle of the Big Three dictionaries, American Heritage® stands out on iPhone" (4 mice)
Includes all the functionality of these two titles in one application.
This iPhone/iPod touch version has the entire 2,074 page, 7.5 pound dictionary with its nearly 300,000 terms more than 33,000 written examples –plus 64 thousand professionally recorded sound files. Not to mention the complete front matter and appendices, zoomable graphics -all available instantly at your fingertips.
This makes for the largest English dictionary & thesaurus set on ANY mobile platform.
• entire text of these best selling tomes
• complete front matter and appendices
• unique three-way cross-referencing search
• real-time progressive look-up
• wildcard pattern searches (with * ?)
• spelling suggestion dictionary included
• hyperlinking to appendices and between books
• pop-up pronunciation symbols chart
• IPA symbol conversion
• etymology (word history) with root links
• professionally recorded sound files
• zoomable graphics
• support for search from other applications
• Bookmarks with folders & editable notations
• automatic search History
• 3D Touch support
• iPad Pro multi-screen and Drag & Drop
• iPhone X support
• OS-independent app localization
• complete offline use — no Internet connection
"As apps go, only Enfour’s American Heritage® Dictionary stands out for its graphic appeal and functionality. Although I was pleased to have so much lexical firepower in such a compact form, I was annoyed at how poorly the other dictionaries present on the platform." (4 mice)
ranking = "Great"
Reviews of the print version:
"The Best Dictionary...Designed to appeal to the eye as well as the mind, it is notable for its imaginative illustrations....This is a great family dictionary, and ideal for schoolrooms."
— The Courier Journal
"This dictionary, now in its fourth edition, makes it fun to look up definitions of words....This up-to-date and eminently useful dictionary features fabulous full-color design that quickly and effectively guides users to the information they seek."
— Library Journal
"The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition" and "Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition" are published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
Powered by Enfour's -"UniDict® Engine"