iOS Universal Productivity
# Unmatched Writing Experience
iA Writer was designed to provide the best digital writing experience: It lets you keep your hands on the keyboard and your mind in the text.
# Swipe Right to Library
With a swipe to the right you have easy access to all your texts in one place.
# Swipe Left to Preview
With an all new synchronized scrolling Preview, iA Writer consciously separates form and content. It optimizes plain text writing while offering stellar formatted export—with world class typography.
# Customizable Keyboard Bar
Tap and hold keyboard bar keys for an extra level of options. Continue holding to rearrange your keys, and tap to bring in new ones.
# Focus Mode and Syntax Control
iA Writer is famous for offering a deeper focus on your text. Its unique tools improve your writing style by honing your concentration: One sentence at a time, or by highlighting different parts of speech.
# All Your Documents on All Your Devices
With seamless Dropbox and iCloud Sync, iA Writer keeps your documents safe and at hand on whatever device you are using when inspiration strikes.
- Configurable Keyboard Bar
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML and beautifully styled PDF
- Synchronized scrolling Markdown Preview
- Beautiful Preview templates with curated fonts
- Real-time iCloud and Dropbox sync
- Focus Mode fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Full-text search for iCloud documents
- In-document Find and Replace
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Reading Time; plus sentence, word, and character count
- Customized for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Visit ia.net/writer/mac for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
Please consider rating us on the App Store, it really helps.
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
- Slide over library on iPad.
- Library now remembers the last folder you were in.
- Switched to system font for menus and Library on iOS 9.
- Added support for iPad Pro.
- Keyboard accessory takes less space on iPad.
- Keyboard accessory is more customizable: you control the number of functions for each button.
- Empty folders can be created and are shown in Library.
- Improved accessibility.
- Improved performance with large libraries.
- Polished various interface elements.
- Added header and footer for printing and PDF export.
- Improved Dropbox Sync stability
- Fixed issues with nested ordered lists in templates.
- Prevented footnote return character from being rendered as emoji on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where Preview would not update after Markdown commands.
- Preview no longer scrolls the document to top when opened for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where cursor could remain under keyboard in Editor.