Voice Dream Reader Lite
With high quality text-to-speech and a configurable user interface, Voice Dream Reader makes written text accessible to everyone. Control how text sounds in speech and how text looks on screen to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both. Load PDF and Word documents, DRM-free eBooks, DAISY audiobooks, articles, and Web pages. Connect to Dropbox, G-Drive, Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper, Gutenberg and Bookshare. All 36 enhanced VoiceOver voices, plus 78 premium voices in 20 languages from Acapela and NeoSpeech.
Voice Dream Reader has reached top 10 in education apps in 69 countries. We continue to add new features and improve usability, because we're committed to making this app the last text-to-speech reader you buy.
The lite version of Voice Dream Reader reads approximately 300 characters at a time, which means it stops reading after a few sentences, and you'll have to press Play again. Otherwise, it does everything the paid version can. In addition, you can download any of our voices for free to test them out.
- 36 enhanced VoiceOver voices in all languages are available for free (iOS 7 only)
- Includes a free premium voice, Heather
- 78 additional premium voices in 20 languages available through in-app purchase
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, and Arabic.
Load and Manage Text
- Text extraction from PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, Apple Pages, and HTML files
- Text extraction from DRM-free ePub and text-based DAISY books
- Support for DAISY 2.02 audiobooks, audiobooks as zipped MP3 files, and individual audio files.
- Dropbox and G-Drive
- Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote
- Bookshare and Gutenberg
- Built-in Web Browser to extract text from Web pages
- Import using iTunes from a PC or Mac
- Copy-paste and text editor
- Language translation (in-app purchase)
- Folders for organizing content
- Export full text, highlights, and notes
Listen to Text
- Personal pronunciation dictionary
- Play-Pause with gesture or remote control
- Navigation by sentence, paragraph, page, chapter, highlights, bookmarks, 15, 30, and 60 seconds
- Remembers speech and visual location where you stopped
- Sleep timer
- Change reading speed (50-700 words per minute) on the fly
- Change voice on the fly
- Remembers the voice and speech rate used for each article or book
- Continues reading when you lock the screen
Interact with Text
- Synchronized word and line highlighting
- Scroll freely or page by page
- Focused Reading Mode with reduced text area and auto-scrolling
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and note taking
- Full-text search
- Customizable font including OpenDyslexia font
- Font size setting up to 80 points
- Preset high contrast light and dark color theme, plus a fully customizable color theme
- Built-in dictionary
- It is not possible to load DRM-protected books from iBooks, Kindle and Nook.
- Instapaper requires paid subscription for third party access.
Happy New Year from Voice Dream!
We're working hard on some awesome new features. Please join us on Twitter, Facebook, or just send us an email to stay informed.
This release contains minor enhancements and bug fixes:
- Enabled social media sharing options for audiobooks.
- Voice download is more reliable.
- Fixed: iOS voices couldn't be paused using remote control.
- Fixed: iOS built-in voices couldn't be set as preferred voices.
- Fixed: After stopping at the end of document, Play-Pause button remained as Pause.
- Fixed: Saving dictionary entries in text mode removed entries in other languages.
- Fixed: Incomplete In-App purchases could result in crashing.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 13, 2014
- Voice Dream LLC
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (61)
- 26.4 MB