Voice Dream Reader Lite
Having reached top 10 in Education in 79 countries, Voice Dream Reader is the world's most accessible reading tool. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable screen layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both.
Voice Dream Reader supports reading PDF and Word documents, DRM-free EPUB and DAISY eBooks, Web pages and more. It's directly integrated with Bookshare, Dropbox, G-Drive, Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper, and Gutenberg.
We update Voice Dream Reader regularly with new features: we're committed to making this the last reading app you will buy.
The Lite version of Voice Dream Reader reads approximately 300 characters at a time, which means it stops reading after a few sentences, and you'll have to press Play again. Plus, you can download our premium voices to test them out. (Keep in mind that the premium voices are NOT free in the paid version.)
- Over 100 TTS voices in 20 languages available
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, and Arabic
- Listen to documents like it's music, with play-pause button, gestures or remote control
- Continues reading when you lock the screen
- Change voice and reading speed (50-700 words per minute) on the fly
- Remembers the voice and speech rate used for each document
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary
- Sleep timer
- Switch between original layout and text-only view for PDF documents
- Synchronized word and line highlighting
- Improve focus with reduced text area and auto-scrolling
- Customizable font including OpenDyslexia font
- Font size up to 80 points for low vision users
- Adjustable margin, line spacing and character spacing
- 3 fully customizable color themes
- Text extraction from PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, Apple Pages, and HTML files
- Text extraction from DRM-free ePub and DAISY books
- DAISY audiobooks, and audiobooks as zipped MP3 files
- Store and view PDF documents in original layout
- Dropbox and G-Drive
- Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote
- Bookshare and Gutenberg
- Built-in Web Browser to download file and extract text from Web pages
- Import using USB and iTunes from a PC or Mac
- Copy-paste and text editor
- Language translation (in-app purchase)
- Folders for organizing content
- Export full text, highlights, and notes
- Navigation by sentence, paragraph, page, chapter, highlights, bookmarks, 15, 30, and 60 seconds
- Remembers speech and visual location where you stopped
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and note taking
- Full-text search
- Built-in dictionary
- It is not possible to load DRM-protected books from iBooks, Kindle and Nook.
- Instapaper requires paid subscription for third party access.
-Support for iOS 8.
-Updated appearance for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
-Fixed: Deleted documents no longer take up extra storage.
-Fixed: Built-in iOS voices speech rate now correctly set.
-Fixed: Audiobook resuming at the correct position after audio interruption.
-Fixed: Bookmark icon always visible in PDF original layout.
-Changed all icons to white-on-black (blue on black is difficult for low vision users).
Note: Voice Dream Reader will not longer be updated for iOS 5. Because of the new devices with different resolutions being introduced, it is simply too difficult to continue to support iOS 5. If you must remain on iOS 5, Voice Dream Reader version 3.1.1 will continue to be available in the App Store.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 30, 2014
- Voice Dream LLC
- 41.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.50 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (76)