Things 3 for iPad
iOS iPad Productivity
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly with Things’ action extension – it lets you create to-dos from other apps. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. Take the new Magic Plus Button that lets you insert to-dos at any place in a list – simply via drag and drop. Or the ease at which you can multi-select and operate on many to-dos at once. Or the natural language date parser: just type “tomorrow”, “in 4 days” or “next Wednesday” and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of iOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest iOS technologies: Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Today Widget, Slide Over, Split View, Action Extension, Handoff, and Notifications.
5. And much more...
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
THINGS FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES
Get Things for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch to enjoy the full power of Things across your devices (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
For this update we had one goal: make our iPad app truly desktop-class. This ultimately came down to vastly improving support for external keyboards.
By that we don’t just mean adding more shortcuts. In fact, adding more shortcuts was only possible because of one of the key features in this release: the ability to *select* items from your keyboard.
MAKE A SELECTION
Attach your keyboard, open Things, and tap the down arrow; you’ll see the first to-do selected. If you want to select more than one, just hold down Shift as you tap the arrows.
USE POWERFUL SHORTCUTS
Once you’ve made a selection, you can do all sorts of things – like set a date (Cmd+S), move it to a list (Cmd+Shift+M), move it down the list (Cmd+Down), and much more. See Things’ settings for a full list.
You can also edit everything inside a to-do from your keyboard: just hit Enter to open a to-do, then tab around the fields. When a field is selected, just start typing to enter it.
All popovers are fully accessible from the keyboard (When, Deadline, Tags, etc.). Open a popover, such as Cmd+S, then use the arrow keys to move your selection around. Better yet, just start typing.
Getting around the app is a breeze with Type Travel: just start typing where you want to go and instantly you’re transported there. It’s magic.
• You can now drag & drop into Things’ sidebar to move items.
• You can now apply tags and deadlines to multiple to-dos at once (select a group then tap •••).
• You can now duplicate a multi-selected group of to-dos.
• We’ve added support for app-wide undo and redo.
See our blog for all the details about this release: thingsapp.com
We hope you enjoy these new features!
—— New in Things 3.6.1 ——
• Added support for entering the checklist field simply by typing while the button has keyboard focus.
• Cmd+F in the Move and Tags popovers will now scroll to reveal the search field when necessary.
• Cmd+. (Escape) is now supported in more popovers.
• Added support for keyboard navigation in the New List popover.
• More graceful handling of calendars without titles (works around an iOS 11.4 bug related to the built-in Holiday calendar).
• Fixed some issues with scrolling while selecting items.
• Fixed an issue where a to-do moved out of the Inbox wouldn’t show the title of its destination list.
• Fixed the “Load more” button at the bottom of search results.
• Fixed some visual glitches while rotating the device and revealing/hiding the sidebar.
• Fixed an issue where multi-selection was lost when moving items from This Evening to Today via Cmd+Up.
• Fixed an issue where the Undo history was lost when the app was temporarily backgrounded or the device was locked.
• Fixed an issue where the “Complete” option was accidentally shown in the ••• menu for repeating templates.
• Fixed an issue where the keyboard button could disappear when going from the notes field into the checklist field, or the checklist button could disappear when switching back from notes.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a new to-do with Cmd+N while another to-do was expanded.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when converting a to-do with a checklist into a project.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when expanding a system text replacement that included hard returns/multiple lines of text.
• Improved Chinese localizations.