2010 Macworld Utility of the Year. Type faster on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using short abbreviations that expand into long snippets.
With TextExpander touch, you create a library of abbreviation shortcuts for snippets of text that you use frequently, such as addresses, URLs, and standard replies. Tap that abbreviation, and it automatically expands to the full snippet. (You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!)
You can use your TextExpander touch snippets directly in over 150 apps that support it, including OmniFocus, Things, iA Writer, DayOne, Drafts, Byword, Notesy, Elements, BlogPad Pro, Launch Center Pro, and WriteRoom. See www.smilesoftware.com/apps for a complete list.
Given the current feature set of the iOS, TextExpander touch cannot work in the background (as it does in Mac OS X), expanding text snippets while you work in another app, unless that app supports TextExpander touch.
Compose new email messages in TextExpander touch, using your snippet library of boilerplate paragraphs, email addresses, URLs and signatures. Use fill-in snippets to customize common responses. Automatically insert the message into an email in Mail or copy it for use in other apps.
If you use TextExpander on the Mac, you can also share the snippet groups with iOS devices over your local network, and you can sync your snippets via Dropbox.
"If you do a lot of writing and communication on your iPhone, TextExpander is practically required for efficiency." - iPhone AppStorm
- Compose notes quickly and easily that contain frequently-used text, addresses, phone numbers, email signatures, URLs, etc.
- Supported in over 150 apps, including OmniFocus, Things, iA Writer, DayOne, Drafts, Byword, Notesy, Elements, BlogPad Pro, Launch Center Pro, and WriteRoom
- Automatically insert your notes into Mail and SMS messages, or copy-and-paste into other apps on your iOS device
- Automatically insert today's date with the short abbreviation ddate
- Use Dropbox to sync snippets
- Add TextExpander snippets from your Mac via your local network
- Save composed notes in an archive for reuse
- Use multiple snippet groups
- Add Predefined Groups such as accented words, symbols, HTML, and CSS
- Removes Reminder-based storage of snippets
- Adds new method to share and update snippets on a per-app basis
NOTE: Apps which include TextExpander support will have to be updated to the new method of sharing snippets. To see a current list of compatible apps, visit http://smilesoftware.com/apps
- Improves handling of marked text from input methods such as Japanese
- Resolves potential issue when sharing snippets on local network
- Minor fixes and improvements
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2013
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (562)
- 3.5 MB