Textastic Code Editor for iPhone
Textastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor supporting syntax highlighting of over 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full external keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for html and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Over USB via iTunes File Sharing
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers, and Dropbox
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
• Improved startup time.
• Selected text can now be surrounded with parentheses by pressing "(". This also works with quotes, brackets and other character pairs. Which pairs work depends on the currently selected syntax definition.
• iOS 7 compatibility fixes and some other minor bug fixes
Also have a look at Textastic on the Mac App Store!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 16, 2013
- Alexander Blach
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (13)
- 8.0 MB